It's More Than Surgery. It's a Life-Changer.
Reclaim Your Health With Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery
If you're struggling with obesity, and repeated dieting and exercise have not worked, it may be time to consider a bariatric weight loss procedure. At ShorePoint Health Venice, our goal is to guide you toward finding renewed health and wellness through proven bariatric solutions and compassionate support.
Many of our patients experience more than just long-term weight reduction; they experience notable improvement in their health and they “feel” better overall. Concerns - including diabetes, hypertension, respiratory problems, heart disease and depression - may improve significantly after weight loss. Patients often gain a new outlook on life, and can pursue goals and activities that weren’t possible before. Our program utilizes a wide variety of methods throughout the surgical journey, including dietary counseling, behavior modification, exercise and support groups. As we guide patients through this process, we do more than help reduce weight. We change lives.
Are you ready for a real life change? Take the first step, and attend a seminar.Start an Online Seminar
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
A bariatric procedure may be a good solution if:
- You have a body mass index (BMI) greater than or equal to 40.
- You have a BMI greater than or equal to 35, and you also suffer from an obesity-related health condition, such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea or hypertension.
- Your serious attempts to lose weight through diet, exercise and behavioral changes have had only short-term success.
- You are psychologically ready for weight loss surgery and willing to commit to modifying your lifestyle.
- You do not drink alcohol in excess.
If you suffer from an obesity-related health condition, your BMI is less than 34 and you’ve not been able to successfully maintain long-term weight loss, you may still be a candidate for surgery, depending on other health conditions. Discuss available options with your doctor.
Learn more about body mass index by downloading our guide to bariatric surgery or take an assessment to see if you may qualify for surgery.Download Our Guide Start My Assessment
Why Choose Us
At ShorePoint Health Venice, we understand that weight loss is a complicated issue, and it requires a supportive community to make lasting changes. And, we believe it is never too late to take control.
Quality and Care
Bariatric surgeon Joseph Chebli, M.D., and ShorePoint Health Venice have the distinction of being accredited for bariatric surgery services by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).
These accreditations mean that our organization meets a strict set of standards to maintain this seal of approval. The rigorous review process helps ensure all program components produce the best outcomes for patients.
- Our staff is specially trained to treat morbidly obese patients, including the surgeon, nurses, radiologists, anesthesiologists, nutritionists and psychologists.
- Specialized accommodations and equipment, such as patient rooms with enlarged doorways and bathrooms, help provide a safe and comfortable hospital stay.
- Most importantly, patient experiences and outcomes are evaluated and must also meet a high standard. Being awarded this accreditation conveys our commitment and ability to provide high quality bariatric care.
Dr. Chebli has been a surgeon for more than 15 years, specializing in bariatric surgery for more than the past ten. He has performed more than 2,000 bariatric procedures. Additionally, Dr. Chebli is a three-time recipient of Vitals' Patient Choice Award, which is based on patient reviews/ratings and presented to less than 5% of physicians nationwide. While practicing in Washington, he was named a Top Doctor by Seattle Magazine for seven years in a row (2007-2013). Dr. Chebli, his office staff and our hospital team work together to help you achieve success through the bariatric program.
Many other bariatric programs require a program fee, sometimes as high as $1,000, that is usually not covered by insurance. The fee may be a flat-rate charged to receive a consultation, or it may be applied to appointments with nutritionists, psychologists, and other professionals whose services must be engaged before health insurance will approve surgery.
At ShorePoint Health Venice, we do not charge a program fee. Dr. Chebli's staff works with patients to schedule appointments with providers who are in-network with their insurance plans, keeping your out-of-pocket costs to a minimum.
We know it can be difficult to make that first phone call to schedule an appointment to talk about weight-loss surgery. We guide our patients through the entire process, providing both trusted medical guidance and compassionate emotional support from pre-surgery to long after the procedure date. Weight loss surgery is a lifelong commitment, and you can find peace of mind knowing that comprehensive follow-up care is always here for you.
- We will help to schedule appointments with other providers as needed.
- We will keep your primary care doctor and any specialists up-to-date on your progress so everyone is working together for your benefit.
- We offer pre-surgery education classes for patients and their families, and after-surgery there are twice-monthly support group meetings. We will help you stay focused on the path to a new life, with a focus on physical, mental and emotional well-being.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking special precautions to keep our offices and other care environments safe for every patient. Learn more about the steps we are taking.
When it comes down to it, weight loss surgery is far more than a medical procedure - it's a chance for a fresh start, a boost of confidence, and a newfound hope for what a healthier life can look and feel like. We are here for you, and we will do everything possible to make sure you feel our support and encouragement.Meet The Surgeons
Insurance Coverage and Payment Options
Our caring and compassionate team is ready to answer any questions you have about insurance coverage and payment options. If you have health insurance, we can assist you with understanding your policy and the requirements for full or partial coverage. Many major insurance providers require medical documentation of weight-related health problems, proof of participation in a medically supervised diet program, a psychological evaluation and a nutritional evaluation. We will work with you to collect the information needed throughout each step of the process.
For those interested in private-pay or self-pay options, patients at ShorePoint Health Venice can save on bariatric surgery through MDsave. Visit www.MDSave.com for more information.
If you think the surgery could benefit your life but are concerned about affordability, we can assist in developing a payment plan that's right for you. We are here to help you explore your financial options, including third-party options for affordable financing. Call us today to learn more about weight loss surgery payment options.Call: 1-941-483-7579